This bus is pretty rare, running so exactly on its schedule. But I was thinking of the following reactions for someone in my situation:
The 5:00 bus arrives at 5:00
- If I arrive before 5, I am satisfied that I don't have to wait extra for the bus.
- If I arrive at 5:03, I am really frustrated. JUST MISSED IT!!! DOH!! Now I have to wait an HOUR!
- So net-net, the customer experience is negative.
- If I arrive before 5 and the bus was late, I would have to wait 3 extra minutes. A little sad, but 3 minutes is no big deal and better than most buses.
- If I arrive at 5:03, I would have expected to miss the bus. Imagine how happy I would be if it was running 3 minutes late and I made it. Whew!!! On the other hand, I would have only myself to blame if I missed it, since I was late.
- So net-net, the customer experience is positive.