Friday, July 25, 2014

This Week in EID – Episode 13



This Week in EID – Episode 13

Great week in EID, if I do say so myself.  Here is the quick recap.  But click through and read the articles.  Fun stuff.

Monday was an easy post to write and a pleasure to share .  It was a magician doing a trick that highlights priming.  Fantastic trick too.  Strongly recommended.

Tuesday’s post got favorited by the author of the article I wrote about, so you don’t need to take my word it was a good one.  It covered expertise and whether your talent is based on genetic endowment or hard work.  Of course, the answer is neither.  

On Wednesday I talked about mixed motivations and unaligned incentives.  IMHO, this is often the source of most of the world’s problems.  Global warming, political gridlock, and why we can’t pass up the chocolate cake for dessert.  Take a look at the post and get some insight into how to make better decisions.

Thursday was a combo of two of my favorite topics (yeah – I know I say that about a lot of them).  Happiness and identity-resonance.  And habit formation.  And I cite one of my favorite thought leaders on Happiness – Gretchen Rubin.  Take a look. You will not be sorry – or your money back.

No comments: